Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sleek Makeup Lip liners- review, swatches

I had purchased some products from Sleek Makeup a few months back. I needed some lip liners and I wanted to try out some from there. I bought shades in Ruby and Bare Essential and today I'm here with these two.

Sleek Makeup has two range of lip liners, one Twist Up lip Liners and two The Lip Pencil range. I checked their Lip Pencil range where they have just 7 shades which are not enough for choosing your favorite one but I got both my desired shades here so I did not face any problem in shade selection.
Sleek Makeup Ruby Lip Pencil is a ruby red with slightly hint of brown which is perfect for my dark lip colors. It's a lovely shade and can be used with many deep lipsticks.
 

Sleek Makeup Bare Essential Lip Pencil  is a very popular lip liner shade and probably the one I can use the most. It looks lovely with any color over top or just a pink gloss. It’s neutral and goes with most of my warm lipstick/lip gloss shades.

I have always been almost crazy about Sleek Makeup Products because I always found amazing quality in their products either they are eye shadow palettes, eyeliner or lipsticks, they have been just amazing but this time they proved me a bit wrong. I'm not saying that their quality is bad but not great this time. Not that amazing!

The packaging is simple but attractive. The color of the packaging is similar to the shade, even the caps are in the same shade. 



The textures are not as smooth and creamy as I expected. I found the texture good in hot weather but in winters, both pencils dried in texture even they take a few swipes to really show up, I know that they'll start to work again in summers but what about winters??

Pigmentation wise they are both just average but again they are useless in this cold weather. These days I'm not using makeup products because of Muharram but for those who want to use these pencils in winters, should heat them by using a blow dryer before using.
If I talk about their lasting power, I'll say they are great, once you apply them on your lips, you don't need to be worry about these getting faded.

The swatches are 2 swipes each & you can see how dry they are in winters
I have used them several times in summers and they are pretty good for using but not in winters.
Finally, I'm not satisfied with the quality of these products of Sleek Makeup this time, but I'm very sure that the range of Twist Up Lip Liner would be great in quality and I'm going to buy one of them very soon. Anyways, I don't regret about my purchase much because I didn't spend much on it. The cost is very reasonable and I can test some more products again.

PRICE- $2.49

AVAILABILITY- Available on Sleek Makeup website & at  Drugstores

COB RATING-  2.5/5 
 

 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig