Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L108- review, swatches & photos

I have always been crazy about a lip color shade which would be different from the shades we usually wear in our daily life. I have a big collection of some different and a bit odd shades lipsticks. Some look beautiful after wearing but some makes me look quite crazy..hhaha. But sometimes, it happens that you have worn a lovely dress and get yourself confused for what shade of lipstick you should pick up for your lips, don't you think it happens often with you too? What do you do then? As far as I'm concern, I pick my nude shade lip color and get it best for that moment. A nude, a dirty pink are some shades that never let me down on any occasions. If I think about some unique shades of lip color, Ellis Faas will be my first choice. They have some very very gorgeous shade which can make one really go drooling over them.
You are right, I'm here with a beautiful shade from their amazing color collection.


Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L108

Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L108 is a beautiful and pretty lip color. It’s an exclusive shade from their creamy lips section.


What  Ellis Faas says….

Creamy Lips offers the most cover when applied and is a great lipstick which really helps to define your lips. It feels soft and velvety and, thanks to a special blend of lightweight oils, not only hydrates your lips but gives them the appearance of being fuller.
The applicator is a so called showerhead (2nd picture) and is most suitable for this texture, for ease of applying and creating the best effect.
All ELLIS LIPS products are lightweight, long-lasting and extremely easy to apply. They all contain Vitamin E and are paraben-free. All the textures in the ELLIS LIPS collection are liquid, so they immediately blend into the skin on application – making them non-sticky!

Weight

2.8 ml

Price

$25

Packaging

As you all know that all Ellis Faas products come in stylish silver pen packaging which looks beautiful. This pen is tipped with a sponge applicator which is quite helpful in applying the color. The color is taken out by twisting the pen at the base. You can see the shade no at the bottom of the pen. I always love their packaging so there is nothing more to write.


Ingredients

Hydrogenated Polydecene, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Candelilla Cera, Prunus Domestica Seed Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. +/- May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), Red 7, CI 15850 (Red 6/Red 7 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)

Shade

It’s a beautiful peachy nude shade which I hardly ever found in any brand which can best be described as a natural baby lips rosy beige.


Texture & pigmentation

The texture is creamy, smooth and silky. When you apply it on your lips you feel the smoothness of this creamy lip color. It spread  smoothly and effortlessly on the lips like a dream. As far as the pigmentation  is concerned, just only one touch is exclusively sufficient to obtain the accurate color. So it's highly pigmented shade lip color.


Lasting power

If I write that the lasting power is good not but very good then you’ll get a surprise but don’t worry, i don't mean to say that it's not good. The fact is that it’s an Ellis Faas product and we expect from this brand much more than other brands & regarding this it does not have the similar high lasting power as the other Ellis Lips have so there is a comparison only among Ellis lip colors. On my lips it stays about for 5 to 6 hours without retouching which is quite enough.

In the mirror of my own experience

I always prefer a color lipstick which is much closer to my natural lip’s shade. When I applied this on my lips, I couldn’t stop myself from saying wow for this beautiful shade. The lip color is not only pretty but extremely light weight and I always felt after applying it, I’m just with my natural lips. It’s a peachy beige nude shade but has enough pigmentation to keep you away from looking washed because it’s extremely pigmented. If you want enough color to show, you can apply two swipes on your lips but I always apply just one swipe to find a peachy nude color on my lips. The texture compels to fall in love with it. A dreamy, smooth texture which is as delicate as your lips and the effect..Oh my God, it’s just magnificent. I love to apply the lip color with its applicator because it very helpful. I don’t know why some ladies don’t like to apply lip colors with their applicator. But if you don’t feel comfortable with the applicator, you can use your lip brush or your fingers for this propose.  The best way to apply this lip color on my lips is, apply two swipes on the lips. After that I pick a wet tissue paper and put it on the lips and press gently. In this way, the color settles for a long time and looks so beautiful. Moreover,  with this lip color I frequently feel  as if I've applied nothing on my lips because it’s too natural.

Good points
Stylish pen shaped packaging which is always easy to carry out.
The sponge applicator is very helpful in the application. 
The tight silver cap of the pen keeps the pen safe and secure.
The texture silky soft like a dream.
The pigmentation is just amazing, just one swipe of color enough for a day makeup.
For night makeup, it can be applied two swipe with heavy eye makeup.
The is super creamy so no need to apply a lip balm underneath.
The effect of this shade is just incredible.
The shade is different and rare which can't get easily.
The lasting power is good, it stays about for 4 to 5 with retouching.


Bad points
Such type of packaging requires washing after every use else it can be unhygienic.
The lasting power in comparison to other Ellis Lips is not as strong. 
Not perfect for dark skin tones.

Finally....


It’s the lip color that is one of my favorite lip colors. I can wear it on many many outfits. It’s a color which is not easily available. The texture, pigmentation is wonderful like all other Ellis Faas products. The cost is a bit high but you get outstanding product when you pay your money. I love its quality and I wish they launch more colors in their collection. Another exceptional product from Ellis Faas.

Rating

4.75/5

Recommendation

If you have fair or medium skin tones, try this amazing shade. I highly recommend it to all my readers.

Availability

Ellis Faas Creamy Lips L108 can be purchased from Ellis Faas website and from Sephora.com.

Disclaimer- Product sent by PR. Opinions expressed are 100% honest & original.
 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig