Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2016

NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencils Review, Lip Swatches and more

NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencils Love and Whisper review, swatches
NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencils Review
Hey everyone,

Have you realised that I'm currently obsessed with nude lips? Of course, you must have! Another thing that I'm loving these days-lip pencils, matte ones. And when these Nudestix beauties came into my life, there was nothing else that I could ask for!

NUDESTIX was created by Canadian sisters Ally and Taylor Frankel along with their mom Jenny Frankel who also was the co-founder of CoverFX and has 20 years experience in the beauty industry(including brands like Mac). The sisters prefer a natural no makeup look so they created an entire line of makeup crayons that look natural, are highly pigmented, creamy and do not require makeup brushes. Read on to find out how convenient these pencils can be!

What company says...

An extra creamy, soft feeling lip liner, lip color and cheek cream ‘all-in-one’ that offers excellent color payoff, coverage and blendability. Contains lip and skin moisturizing ingredients such as Shea butter and Vitamin E; as well as peptides to add youthful plumpness. These fun and sassy touch n’go makeup stix provide a quick and easy nude look, but better for all faces in all places.
Eco-packaged in a collectible tin, with convenient large mirror and quality pencil sharpener.

Ingredients


How to use
 Outline then fill in the full lip. Smack those lips.
 Swipe 3 stripes of color on the apples of your cheeks and blend with your fingers outwards. 
 
In the mirror of my own experience 




I have come across so many products and brands with innovative packagings but nothing as perfect as this! The Nudestix products come in matte black tin boxes containing the pencil along with a sharpener and information about the product. I really appreciate the fact that they have included a sharpener, oh and not to forget the mirror in the lid. Storage, travel-friendly, convenient, mirror, easy application, enviable appearance; the packaging ticks all boxes! Each tin box can carry two-three pencils which make it all the more useful while travelling.

Out of the so many stunning shades, I chose these two- Whisper and Love. After going through a number of reviews, swatches, I realised that these two shades were totally me! These are dual purpose pencils to give you matching lips and cheeks. Very convenient and easy to apply, you can simply use a single pencil to touch up your lips and cheeks, simultaneously. Now I would like to discuss the shades that I have. 



Whisper- A beautiful pale nude shade, that is an ideal shade for super nude shade lovers. It's so creamy and spread evenly on the lips. The pigmentation of this lip pencil is amazing, I get the right color after the first layer of the application itself. You can see its effect on my lips in the picture, how pigmented this is. It gives a creamy matte finish that I love. It's a perfect nude shade that can be worn with different eye makeups from heavy to soft. No need to mention that a nude shade lover like me would love to wear it again, again and again. 

Love- This is a very baby pink shade that is perfect to give you a 'no makeup' look effect. It's gorgeous baby pink with a slight peach hue in there, It’s a great shade for daytime if you’re looking for a no-fuss, natural lip colour. The colour builds evenly and is opaque after a few swipes. It gives a soft shine to the lips and a sheer finish. I think it's a beautiful shade for spring and summer that will give you a soft natural look. I'm going to wear it with so many different outfits.









The texture of these cheek and lip pencils is super creamy and soft which is something like I didn't expect with a crayon formula. They glide on easily on the lips without any effort. The formula is neither too creamy nor drying. They contain shea Vitamin E that gives a soothing effect to the lips.
They have great pigmentation and you get the right color in just a few swipes especially the 'Whisper' has amazing pigmentation. I love how easily I can outline my lips with their tips and then fill it within few seconds for a perfect look. 
They both work well as blush and lip colors and do the whole ' no makeup makeup' effect perfectly. Though I prefer powder blush on my cheeks but still I can use them as blush while in a hurry or travelling. 
Now coming on to the lasting power of these two beauties then I must say that they have an impressive lasting power. To see their creamy formula, you can't expect them to be long lasting but surprisingly, they last for about 5-6 hours on my lips without touch up. 
Swatches - L to R, Love & Whisper


I'm wearing 'Whisper' in this photo (Full outfit post HERE)
Good points

Classy and premium packaging that is very comfortable for travelling
Each pencil comes with a cute sharpener that is very useful for crayon formula products.
Creamy and moisturising formula
Super pigmented
Glide well on the lips
Give a soft effect on the cheeks as blush
Totally successful in giving a 'no makeup makeup'
Long lasting

Bad points

The pencils are soft and creamy, need to be stored carefully.
Expensive
Not available in India

Finally...

Overall I'm so happy to find these beauties, both shades are my favorite and I can't take one name. Both are superb in quality and fit in my favorite lip colors category but I think 'Whisper' is the shade I would like to apply with my all outfits without thinking. I'm impressed the NUDESTIX Lip & Cheek Pencils everything from packaging to quality. They are easy to use, give a perfect color to the lips and cheek without any effort for decent hours and feel very lightweight and comfortable on both cheeks and lips.



The NUDESTIX Lip & Cheek Pencils  retail for $24 each. There is a wide range of color options from neutral to dark. Recently NUDESTIX has launched some more shades in their Intense matte Lip & Cheek Pencils range and come with some extremely gorgeous shades. There are lots of shades in my wishlist. I'll highly recommend these NUDESTIX Lip & Cheek Pencils to my readers, I'm sure here they will get to know what a perfect lip and cheek pencil is. The price is a little steep but to see the quality I think they worth the cost. 

PRICE-
$24

 AVAILABILITY- 
Available at Sephora. Visit Nudestix.com for more details

COB RATING-

Whisper:4.7/5
Love:4.5/5

Have you tried any products from Nudestix? 


Disclaimer-The product has been sent by the brand, but all opinions expressed are my own
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig