Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara- review, photos

I have wanted this mascara since a long time because I have heard a lot of good things about its quality and work. Recently I bought it and by using only on a few occasions, I think it's enough to know about a mascara's quality. 
This product comes in two variations: the washable one (yellow+purple package) and the waterproof one (yellow+sky blue package). This review is for the washable variation.

I have used many products from this brand and it's one of my favorite drugstore brand too, but I never got a chance to try out a mascara from Maybelline so it's the first chance for me.



Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara comes in a big chubby yellow tube with purple lettering.  It has a thick wand which is characteristic of volumizing mascaras. The bristles are soft and neatly arranged along the length of the wand. I found coating the inner lashes and lower lashes a bit difficult due to the thick wand. Anyways I find the packaging very attractive and the bright yellow color makes it quite unique from others but the packaging is a bit bulky for carrying around.





This mascara comes in 2 kinds…non-waterproof and waterproof. Cost of both is the same. but I preferred washable version because removing a waterproof mascara is always like a headache for me so I love to use a washable one.

I haven't used this mascara on my own lashes till now but have tried on some of my client's lashes and the effect that I noticed was awesome. As we all know some ladies have long and thick lashes naturally but some have not. A great mascara can gives a great volume and  length even flat and thin lashes. I have tried it some girls who have quite thin and flat lashes but after coating one or two coat their lashes length and volume made me surprise. It's really an effective formula. It does not clump. Though if you want to apply more than 1 coat, apply the 2nd coat before the first one dries, it does add volume to the lashes. Gives a great length to them in just one coat.The consistency is good to work with, not very runny neither very thick.The fine bristles of the wand help cover each and every lash. People actually notice the difference! Some of my clients were amazed to see the long thick length of their lashes!!
Used Maybelline Colossal mascara on one of my friend's eyes


There are just a few things which I don't like, first the packaging is too bulky for travelling purpose. The wand is quite thick for lower lashes, I cannot use this as comfortably on the lower lash line as comfortably I use this on the upper lash line.

Finally, I love this mascara and would love to buy another one for myself. After a long time I got an ideal mascara for thin and flat lashes. The cost is like a steal which I love and also the great quality in this cost is really unbelievable. I would recommend it to all my readers, clients and friends, I'm sure that they will find it really fabulous!!

PRICE-  priced at Rs330

AVAILABILITY- Available at all Maybelline counters
COB RATING-  4.9/5 

 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig