Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Monday, February 13, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lsting Matte Eyeshadow- Review, swatches, photos & EOTD

Hey pretty ladies,
I couldn't write a new post since two days because I wasn't feeling well. In my city the weather is extremely cold again. Anyways, today I'm feeling quite well so I'm here with an exciting post which I'm sure my readers would love it as always. You all know that Rouge Bunny Rouge recently launched two beautiful shades in there eye shadow collection. I posted its press release some days ago and I got many mails from my readers all over the world who wanted to read its review on my blog and I'm very happy to fulfill their wish.

Rouge Bunny Rouge When Birds are Singing Long Lasting Matte Eye Shadow in Sweet Dust Seriema

Sweet Dust Seriema is the one of the two new shades that has been launched by RBR recently. It's a matte eye shadow which can be used for a natural and day makeup look.




What  Rouge Bunny Rouge says….

Discover a new powder eye shadow with an astonishing lightweight, creamy touch and unprecedented adherence. This formula creates pure dynamic iridescence while it maintains second skin effect. It has extended 8-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day. Orange-derived Flavonoid improves blood microcirculation, enhances luminosity and serves as free radicals scavenger.






Weight

2.4 g / 0.084 oz

Price

£ 22.00

Packaging




As always the packaging is beautiful which has the RBR logo and flowers and tiny fireworks.  It's inspired by an 'enchanted garden'.  The shadow comes  in a sleek, black lacquer compact with a mirror on the underside of the lid.  They have a snap lock/closure which stays secure. The packaging always makes me happy because I'm crazy about a theme of garden and flowers.






Ingredients

TALC, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, ZEA MAYS STARCH, DIMETHICONE, MICA, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZEOLITE, ZINC STEARATE, C26-28 ALKYL DIMETHICONE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PCA DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, PROPYLPARABEN, DIMETHICONOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BUTYLPARABEN, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BHT. (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 75470, CI 77742, CI 77510, CI 77288, CI 77289, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI77266

Shade


They had launched two new shades in their matte color range. The first was Bashful Flamingo and the second was Sweet Dust Seriema. I'm reviewing the second one. 


Texture

The texture is so buttery that it's hard to believe this is a powder eyeshadow. To be honest it's the smoothest, silky texture I have ever touched. Very lightweight, soft and extremely finely milled that it is almost creamy to the touch and blends with utmost ease like a dream.   You can easily just pat the shadow on with your finger.



Pigmentation

I had not expected such a wonderful colour pay off, I only touched the shadow with my first finger tip and the color which I picked on my tip was enough to tell me the whole story Lol.

Lasting power

RBR states that it has "extended eight-hour wear that will stay perfect and look freshly applied all day"but I wanted to test it myself and after testing I found the statement completely true. It can last really for the whole day.



In the mirror of my own experience

I never used any RBR eye shadow before so I didn't know much about its quality. Basically both new shades they have launched, are the shades used for highlighting. These are perfectly nice for applying on brow bones and as a base. You can apply them all over your lids. For a natural eye makeup, they can be mix with some other matte color eye shadows like black, brown, blue, purple and green. When I first touched it with my fingers, it looked so pigmented then I applied it on my hand for swatching. I loved its pigmentation but still I wanted to make me sure about it so I applied it on my eye lids without any base just after moisturizing my face and I was surprised to see that not only the shadow color showing on lids with its full effects without any primer but also felt so soft and smooth like a cream shadow. There was not much fall out, that I noticed. Actually the shadow is not powdery at all. The last thing which I wanted to know was its lasting power so that I wore it on my eyes for a whole day visit to my sister and I saw that the shadow lasted for whole day without even fading. The result was as I had expected from the product. I got everything which I wanted from it and now I can declare with my own experience that it's another winning product from RBR.

Good points

So elegant and beautiful packaging.
The texture is silky and buttery like a cream eye shadow.
Excellent color pay-off.
It applies so evenly and gets easily blended
The shade is natural and can be mixed with other shades easily.
Perfect for natural and day time makeup looks.
Very long lasting.

2 swipes, without primer

Bad points

The shade collection is not enough, It should be increased with the addition of some more colors.
No applicator provided with the shadow but I don't mind it because I never use the applicator for applying the shadow.
A bit expensive.

Finally....





I'm highly impressed by this eye shadow. I love matte eye shadows so I can use it many times with many colors especially in day times. I can also wear it at night occasion if I mix it with some bold color shadows. It's very pigmented so it can last for long time. 

Rating

4.75/5

Recommendation

I highly recommend this eye shadow if you are into luxury brands that indeed has a luxurious price, but matched equally by its luxurious quality.
Availability

The Rouge Bunny Rouge products can be purchased from RBR website and also from Zuneta.

Disclaimer- Product sent by PR. Opinions expressed are 100% honest & original.
 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig