Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Neal's Yard Remedies Night Cream & Hydrating Cream- review, photos

I'd never used Neal's Yard Remedies London products before but had read many good things about them. I really wanted to try out their products and after a long wait I got a chance to use some products of them. Today I'm going to review two of their products.

Some words about the brand

Neal's Yard Remedies, pioneer and the UK's foremost destination for organic natural health and beauty, is proud to be part of the 'Why I Love Organic' campaign. A family-owned British company, their award-winning ethical, scientifically formulated, certified organic products ­ the largest in the UK ­ is made in their eco-factory in Dorset with sustainably sourced and home grown certified organic ingredients.

Nourishing Orange Flower Night Cream

Nourishing Orange Flower Night Cream is especially made for dry skin which can be used before going to bed.  


What Neal's Yard says...
A rich blend of wild rosehip, pomegranate and seabuckthorn oil with nourishing orange flower to intensely soften and smooth the skin.

Weight
50 gm
Price

£22.50

Ingredients


Aqua, Glycine soja (Soya) oil*, Sorbitan stearate, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Centella asiatica (Gotu kola) extract*, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Rosa canina (Wild rose) fruit oil*, Punica granatum (Pomegranate) seed oil*, Hippophae rhamnoides (Sea buckthorn) oil*, Punica granatum (Pomegranate) extract, Glycerin, Citrus nobilis (Mandarin) peel oil expressed*, Tocopherol, Xanthan gum, Citrus aurantium (Neroli) flower oil*, Cananga odorata (Ylang ylang) flower oil*, Sodium hyaluronate, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Citronellol, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool.


Packaging

The packaging is quite simple. it comes in a broad glass bottle with black cap but I received it in a sample plastic tube which has a quite better packaging than the original one. Its a light weight tube in navy blue color with black cap.


Texture

The texture is mild and soft but it's not much moisturizing. It gets absorbed into the skin very quickly but not makes it completely moist.


In the mirror of my own experience

I received this night cream at the peak of winters. I have been using it from a week. The smell is quite nice. The texture as I already mentioned above is not very moisturizing. It's made for dry skin but unfortunately it's not able to moisturise the skin well. I feel a slight dryness on my face after using it so I think it's not for dry skin especially in winter. In this weather, dry skin needs much richness and moisturising which is not enough in this cream. Maybe it would work well in monsoons and summer but I think it's good for oily skin people. I accept that my skin looks good in the morning but after applying it I clearly feel some dryness in my skin which i don't like.

Finally

I'm not impressed by this night cream. It didn't work well for my skin. I guess, It would be good in monsoons when my skin feel a bit oily but I think it can be good for oily and combination skin ladies.

Rating

2.75/5

Frankincense Hydrating Cream

This is light textured daily use moisturizing cream for all types of skin.



What Neal's Yard says...
 A light, organic daily moisturising cream enhanced by the rejuvenating properties of frankincense and myrrh to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and keep skin feeling beautifully soft and fresh. With nutrient-rich plant oils and herbal extracts to help strengthen and rejuvenate the skin. 

Weight

50 g

Price

£23.50
Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Glycerin*, Cetearyl alcohol, Alcohol denat.*, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) flower extract*, Cetearyl glucoside, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Almond) oil*+, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil*+, Borago officinalis (Borage) seed oil*, Daucus carota (Carrot) fruit oil*, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Glyceryl stearate, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Potassium sorbate, Sodium hyaluronate, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Commiphora myrrha (Myrhh) oil, Limonene.
Packaging

The packaging is same like that of the night cream.

Texture

Very light and mild texture, neither thick nor runny.


In the mirror of my own experience

I love its smell just after opening its cap. The texture is very light and spreads out on the skin very easily. The skin sucked it just after applying it. It's for all types of skin and perfect for daily use. I have used it just for one week but I'm happy about the result because I didn't feel dryness and tightness after using it. It moisturizes the skin well and gives it a soft and smooth effect. You'll not feel any oiliness on your skin so I think it's a great cream for every type of skin. I would love to try it again.


Finally...

I'm impressed by this hydrating cream. It doesn't make my skin dry and tight. It's very light textured so  my skin absorbs the cream very easily and remains soft. The price is reasonable and it's made with natural ingredients so it's an ideal cream for daily use.

Rating

4/5

Recommendation
I'll not recommend the Nourishing Orange Night cream especially to those readers who have dry skin and need much moisturizer in winter because it'll not work for them but yes I want to recommend the Frankincense Hydrating cream which will be nice for all skin types.

Availability

Both products can be purchased at all Neal's Yard stores and from Neal's Yard website

Disclaimer- Product sent by PR. Opinions expressed are 100% honest & original.
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig