Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Revlon Photoready foundation-Review, Swatches & photos(how to apply through a simple tutorial by pictures)

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well!!

As many of my readers already know that one of my favorite makeup brands is Revlon for sure!! My foundation, compacts, concealer, eyeliner, favorite lip shades etc etc…are all from Revlon as their products have never disappointed me.

Quite recently I’d reviewed Revlon Colorstay foundation and through that review you must have got an idea about how much I adore that foundation.

I was very excited on seeing Revlon’s Photoready range being launched in India as all the products in that range just looked fabulous. And now I’m just more than happy to review this Revlon Photoready foundation. Take a look guys and see what I have to say about this new Photoready foundation-



What it claims:

Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage.

Delivers soft, luminous airbrushed finish in any light.

Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light to erase every flaw.
Complete yet undetectable coverage.
Oil free, Fragrance Free.
SPF 20.
Can be used alone or in combination with either the PhotoReady Powder OR PhotoReady Translucent Finisher.

Net weight:

30ml

Shades available:

Ivory, Vanilla, Shell, Nude, Natural beige, Medium Beige, Cool beige, Golden beige, Rich ginger, Caramel, Cappuccino, Mocha

In India you can get- Shell, Nude, Medium Beige & Caramel (only 4 shades)

Price:

Rs 850/ $20 approx.

Application Tips:

Press pump to disperse formula. Apply with fingertips starting in the center of face and blend outward.

Packaging:

Love the packaging!! It comes in a sturdy pump out bottle of 30ml. The bottle with a black cap looks very sleek and beautiful and the pump enables you to take out as much as you require. The only thing is that it’s a glass bottle so may face some inconvenience in carrying it around which was surely not a problem in the Colorstay Active Light makeup foundation.

In the mirror of my experience:

After a fab experience with the Revlon Colorstay range-it’s foundation, concealer and compact, I decided to try out their Photoready range. I got this foundation just around 2 days ago and have applied it once and took some pics. And I was just amazed at the fact that it blended and got absorbed into my skin so flawlessly and spread very quickly covering the whole of the face within seconds!! It feels so light and gives an awesome coverage which is even more than the Colorstay foundation. It also gave a lovely shine and glow to my face which evidently showed in the photos. So I would say that once I wear this I’m Photoready!!

The good pints:

  • As I’ve mentioned, that this thing just spread all over my face within seconds and it blended really flawlessly and smoothly.
  • The texture is very fine and it seems as if I haven’t worn any foundation.
  • It never ever broke me out.
  • It has medium to build able coverage. I would say the coverage is pretty good. I don’t need any concealer after wearing this foundation. But if one has noticeable spots on the face, a light touch of concealer application will be enough.
  • In spite of it’s impressive coverage, it’s amazingly light weight which is really specialty of this foundation.
  • This foundation is especially designed for photography, and I think it works finely on the skin.
  • It gives a clear glow which shows in the photographs and after using and taking pictures I can say that it’s really one of the best foundations for photography.
  • It gives a flawless, soft, dewy & non cakey coverage.
  • It comes in a sturdy pump bottle. The bottle is beautiful and easy to use.
  • It has SPF 20 which is a fact that I love.
  • And yes, it gives a hint of "glow", which others call it a bit of shimmer( oh I love this glow)
  • No streaking and no allergies or breakouts.
  • Very easy to blend with both brush and sponges
  • I can mix with other foundation. I’m thinking to mix it with my ColorStay foundation for try.
  • It has no weird scent.
  • It holds up quite well in summers, does not oil up.
  • It works well on both dry and oily skin. This can be clear by the fact that even my sis got it 3-4 days ago and she is very glad to have it for her oily skin.

Bad points

  • It’s not as light weight as my ColorStay Active Makeup foundation but if you want a full coverage, you can find it best.
  • If you are office going and want a light coverage, it’s not for you.
  • Only 4 shades are available in India so be very careful while choosing your shade.

Final thoughts

I really do love this foundation coz it has an amazing coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. The shine in this is great if you want that youthful, healthy glow. If you don’t want much glow in your photograph, you can set it and reduce the shine with Revlon PhotoReady Pressed Powder. Many people do compare it with MUFE HD foundation as well so one can say that this is a drugstore version of HD makeup. If I compare it with Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation, I find both of them amazing.

Rating

4.70/5

Would I buy it again?

Oh for sure guys. Love it.

Recommendation

Of course yes.

And now here's a small tutorial showing how I apply this foundation and how it looks on me:





So what do you think about this foundation. If you are a photograph junkie, you should get it for sure!!

Disclaimer- Product sent by brand

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig