Yesterday, my friend Tina visited me. We met after a long time. We often chat on the phone and she always takes beauty tips from me. This time she was concerned about her lips that had suddenly started to look dark. She was always proud of her pinkish lips but this time I got them to be dark.
During our conversation about her lips I asked some questions and I got that the reason of this darkness- a lot of exposure & use of lip color.
· It's a fact that excessive use of lipstick, smoking and exposure can be the causes for dark lips.
· Smoking is always harmful in every way. Cigarettes, coffee and tea also cause dark lips.
· Sunrays not only harm the face but also the lips and eyes.
· If you have dark lips, don’t try to hide it under layers of lipstick. Instead, treat them with natural products. Lipsticks are the major reasons of lip darkening.
This problem is not only with Tina but many ladies face the same.
- Use lip color occasionally only when you think it’s necessary. Always use a good brand lipstick.
- Sunscreen with at least SPF 15 should be applied on your lips to prevent pigmentation.
- Every morning, use toothbrush( with soft bristle) lightly on your lips to ex foliate.
- Always moisturize and keep them hydrated.
- Boroline is the best product for the smoothening of lips.
- A mixture of lime juice, honey & glycerin can be effective treatments for dark lips. Apply daily for several weeks to see the result.
- Mix some saffron in 1 tb spoon of warm milk. Apply on your lips for about 20 to 25 minutes. Wipe it with wet cotton wool.
- Rub on some almond milk or almond oil on your lips for at least an hour. Some lipsticks contain high percentage of lead that can darken your lips. Use only mild varieties of lipstick, lip liner, pencils and glosses.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
So ladies if you will take care of your lips and follow these tips, you will see the result for yourself. Your lips will be compared to red roses.