Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Friday, April 22, 2011

Revlon Illuminating powder shadow-Review, Swatches & pics

If I’m questioned about my favorite brands, the first name will come of Revlon. This brand has always given amazing products to the customers. I have lot of cosmetics of this brand. Today I’m reviewing Revlon Illuminating powder shadow which I had bought around 6 months ago. It’s a quad and has some beautiful shades in it…so check out the review & swatches!!

What Revlon Illuminating powder shadow claims:

Luminous finish brightens the eyes.

Ultra fine powder shadow glides on smoothly and won’t settle into creases.

Stay true color for all day wear.

Fragrance free.



Shade name:

Out of the blue

Price:

Rs. 350

Packaging:

The packaging of this eye shadow quad is quite beautiful. Has a transparent lid while the other part of it is black. It’s very handy and lightweight.

Applicator:

There’s a small applicator provided in this quad. On one side it’s broad while a thinner one on the other side. In my opinion, I would say that the applicator is not much useful and so it’ll be better if one uses an eye shadow brush to apply these shadows.

The shades-

  1. This is a dark brown shade. It’s totally matte and quite pigmented. I love to apply it on the outer corner of my eyelids and some times a light touch on the whole lids to give an awesome look to my eyes.
  2. This is a sky blue shade which looks quite pretty on the lids with a light colored outfit. This shade is completely a summer color and can be used with day wears. It’s very pigmented!!
  3. The third one is an off white shade or skin color shade which can be used on the brow bone. One can use it as a base before applying shadow. It is quite pigmented and easily visible after applying on the lids.
  4. This one is smoky bluish gray shade and is my favorite. I have used it many times and it has given very pretty looks to my eyes. It can be worn on both day or night occasions. A slight touch can make it a casual look and dark touch with black outfit makes it very special. This is also very pigmented and very soft and easy to blend.

In the mirror of my own experience:

I have been using this eye shadow quad from 6 months I’m very satisfied with its result. All colors of in this quad are fantastic. You can achieve a really sexy smoky eye look. I also use the dark brown as an eyebrow powder. It matches perfectly with my cool medium brown hair. It has fantastic staying power also. It always looks like it's been newly applied. I don't have any problems with it creasing on my lids either. The best quality of this quad is that it never fails to make the eyes attractive even during day or at night.


Pigmentation-

Almost all the shades are greatly pigmented. The 2nd shade i.e. the light blue one is the most pigmented while the others come after it. But overall the pigmentation is very impressive.

Texture-

The texture of all the shades is very smooth and they are easy to blend. They do not crease at all and show up well. Perfect shades for both night and day wear!!

Staying power-

They last for around 5-6 hrs which is good enough…isn’t it?

Here are the swatches-

Overall verdict-

Overall I really love this quad and I’ve used it many times whenever I go out coz the shades are really beautiful!! Revlon products are really good <3

Rating-

4/5

So girls you should surely get this quad coz the shades in it are awesome for every occasion!!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I like the dark brown.
    Unfortunately I can´t wear blue eye-shadow, it looks curios on my lids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty shades. The blue looks nice

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. this palette looks beautiful. thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like kates hair above a lot!!

    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have some oily skin because almost all cream makeup products smear or crease on me. I have only found Makeup Forever Aqua Cream to not. It's sad because they often apply and look nice when worn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig